Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A dweller on the threshold...

In the words of Van Morrison...

"I'm a dweller on the threshold
And I'm waiting at the door..."
 
The door of another new year.  I'm feeling positive as to what it may bring.  I hope you are too!
 
Here's a bit of a catch up:
 
 
Finished the 'bright' blanket...


Just did a few rows of cream and an orange edging to finish it off...
 Will probably put it in one of the local shops on consignment come autumn


Listening to laid back Gregory Alan Isakov...



Also finished a small baby blanket for one of the charities I knit/crochet for...
 a good way to use up small amounts of various yarns
 
 
Still reading an Ann Cleeves book...
 
 
And have just ordered from Book Depository the final Henning Mankell book because I read a review on it and it sounds good:
 
"Henning Mankell's last novel about an aging man whose quiet, solitary life on an isolated island off the coast of Sweden is turned upside down when his house catches fire".
 
 
How could I not want to read it with words like:  quiet, solitary, isolate, island, coast, Sweden...
 
Will conveniently ignore the 'aging' bit.
 
 
May your day, year, life be all that you wish for...and more...
 
xx
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it could be a good read - you should put that blanket in now as you might get somebody pick it up whilst it's still summer just because of the bright colours and with weather changes they might be travelling and need a throw rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is an option re. the blanket. Will consider. xx

      Delete
  2. there is the part about the fire, read about this and (or course) thought of you...Truganini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I have seen without perceiving
      I have been another man
      Let me pierce the realm of glamor
      So I know just what I am"

      Truganini :) xx

      Delete
  3. Into the mystic and now this - you do like Van Morrison! :) And your industry is putting me to shame - we had quite a snowstorm today and I watched a movie and looked at magazines, aside from the dinner and laundry. It was a nice rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a phase I'm going through :))

      I've been inside for most of the day too, due to the heat outside. Your snowstorm sounds wonderful to me!

      A day of rest and relaxation is a good reviver...glad you got to enjoy it. xx

      Delete