Friday, August 25, 2017

Thursday on Friday

I had planned on getting this post done yesterday, but as it was a sunny day (and there is rain forecast), I decided to do some more tidying in the garden.

It's grey and cool today...my kind of day...

 

I have discovered I am a homichlophite...a person who loves fog :)  I was reading an article about pluviophiles (lovers of rain) and wondered if there was a name for lovers of fog...there was!

Grey is my colour...matches my personality :))
 



So...I've made some soup...


And added some leftover vegies and meat...
 one bowl for today...and one for tomorrow


Here's the recipe...
if you enlarge it you should be able to read it
I varied it a bit, to use what I had




And on the knitting front, I've ordered some yarn from Bendigo Woollen Mills...


I'm using this pattern as a guide...
but not doing the diamond pattern


Will do garter/moss stitch across the body and sleeves like this...
using THIS yarn




While waiting for the yarn to arrive, I continue knitting my charity blanket squares...
 yeah...yeah...I know...  bit of a colour contradiction n'est-ce pas!
but it's not for me!!



And reading THIS book from the library...

As recommended by Lisa.  Only just started it...it's different...will see how I go...


heure du déjeune!
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that worcestershire sauce was made with anchovies! I doesn't matter to me, I suppose, but I would have liked to know it. Good luck with the book! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either...until I read the label :) Guess it pays to read labels!

      I don't think I even used the worchestershire (can't remember now), and I didn't use smoked paprika (didn't have any) and instead of vegetable stock I used a tomato based stock/sauce (that I'd made and had in freezer from my garden tomaotes). I don't usually stick to recipes, but just use them as a base guide and work with whatever ingredients I have.

      Sorry...gave up on the book. I'm sure it's very good, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind to read it at the moment :) xx

      Delete