Thursday, August 10, 2017

The next best thing...

If you can't go to the sea, then you need to bring the sea to you...

  


And while on the sea theme, I picked up this book at the op shop recently.  I read it years ago (along with her other books), and really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to a re-read...




Even though we still have a few weeks to go till the official date, spring is definitely in the air, with trees beginning  to blossom and bulbs starting to bloom.  It is also very windy today, which is quite typical for spring here,  and my head does not like it,  so has decided to ache :(. 
 
 I have been working in the garden all week, cutting out plants I don't want, before the spring growth starts in earnest. 
 
But I feel a trip to the sea (Stanley) is in order, at least before the year's end...





On the crafting front, the Hobbit/Mithral blanket is finished (except for the ends I've still to weave in that are hiding at the back)...

 it's actually not as bright as it looks here, but much more muted (thank goodness!)



And these little blankets are being packaged up and posted to KOGO...


KOGO make up baby bundles for disadvantaged new mums (among other things), and these are a good size for carry baskets/baby capsules/car seats.  I sold some in the local craft shop, but these had been there for awhile, so decided to bring them home, send them off...and make more!  I hope they can use them.


Will leave you with this quote I read recently via Philip Yancey's Grace Notes:

"It is always simple to fall: there are an infinity of angles at which one falls, only one at which one stands."  (G. K. Chesterton)
 
 
Onwards and upwards!! 
 
xx
 

2 comments: