Thursday, October 22, 2015

Patches


Still working my way around the blanket squares with 2 rows of green/blue yarn...
 (10 squares done...10 to go)


Just finished Bird by Bird.  Really enjoyed it!  Have read a few of Anne Lamott's books,  but I think this was the best...

Started  The Future of God by Deepak Chopra (from the library).  Will see how it goes...




And here are some patches in my garden...

herbs (mostly mints) and roses



 up the garden path - succulents and apple trees along the side fence
and a little fuchsia (which I thought had died but it was just tricking me) under the first apple tree
 
 
more herbs - oregano and catmint,  (daphne) and wormwood at the back.  The irises came up by themselves (clever irises!!)
 
 

 beautiful beginnings! lettuce and rocket


mint and parsley - in one of the raised beds


along the back fence - roses, curry plant and (more) daphne
 
The roses, daphne and apple trees were here, and as I am only renting...they must stay.  But I've filled in some of the gaps with herbs.  Have I mentioned that I love herbs!!!
 
Looking at doing something herby (perhaps a table at the local Farmer's Market) next year when I get into my own place, the plans for which have been approved by council,  so hopefully building can start soon :))
 
Have started taking cutting and potting up...
 
And reading up on herb info in my various books...
 
Also looking at possibly doing a herb course next year...
 
 
Will leave you with a final quote from Bird by Bird, on trying to find some elusive sense of serenity(p221)
 
"The world can't give that serenity,"  he said. "The world can't give us peace.  We can only find it in our hearts."
 
"I hate that,"  I said.
 
"I know.  But the good news is that by the same token, the world can't take it way."
 
xx
 
Oh...and...  linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of your lush green season starting, when ours is finishing up for the year. And a fantastic quote from Anne Lamott. That is going to be a fab blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Just finished another great Anne Lamott book!! And the blanket is finished...as you will see from my latest post :)) xx

      Delete