Saturday, December 28, 2013

What's that sound???

Wait....

Oh...I remember now...it's the sound of silence!!!

It's just been awhile since I've heard it :)

We've had friends of Marnie's (Stephen and Karen and their 2 girls) staying with us from Brisbane for a week.  Sleeping in their tent in our backyard, but joining us for meals.   I enjoyed getting to know them and the days Marnie was working they took Denver with them on their outings.

They had never been to Tassie before and loved it.  But then who wouldn't!!

Here's a pic of some of them having a 'serious' game of Billionaire. Karen, her 2 girls, Marnie, Denver and Marnie's friend Craig...



On Christmas Day I volunteered to help at the Combined Churches free Christmas lunch (for those who were on their own/new to the area, etc)  We had about 55 people turn up.  I spent my time helping in the kitchen (mostly washing up).  I really enjoyed it ( and got a free meal too) and would do it again next year.

Here's a pic of some of the folk in the hall...

 
 
Karen, Stephen and girls left this morning for the ferry trip back to the mainland, and Marnie and Denver have gone camping for a few days. 
 
And that's why I'm hearing the 'sound of silence' and looking forward to a few days 'home alone' :)
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I just bet you are enjoying a little quiet. Glad you had such a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - wishing you and Jack (and Sylvia) a wonderful 2014! x

      Delete