Friday, April 1, 2022

On the home front...

 A change of scenery last week and a walk with Marnie by the Mersey River and up Dooley's Hill while she did a photo shoot for her new business Campfire Beanies...
















Marnie gave me some squash and zucchini from her garden, which I've chopped up and frozen for soup making...


And a chicken and cashew stir fry for lunch is hard to beat...


Meanwhile, Freya has decided my knitting bag makes a good bed...


Finished the two baby blankets I was knitting and they have been mailed off to a charity in Victoria...


Working on a scarf with the yarn I picked up recently from the op shop.  This will also be for charity...


Finished these two books.  Both very good...
Through Shadow and Sunshine

Reading these ones now...
The Torch of Truth

And I'm starting a Bible study via correspondence through CWCI and their KYB studies...
I've been part of quite a few KYB (Know Your Bible) groups over the years, but as there is no group currently meeting close by, I've decided to do a study by correspondence.

I'll leave you with a quote from Laura Ingalls Wilder...

"I believe we would be happier to have a personal revolution in our individual lives and go back to simpler living and more direct thinking.  It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest, and living close to nature.  There are not hothouse blossoms that can compare with my bouquet of wildflowers."

The above two illustrations are from the book The World of Laura Ingalls Wilder...

I wish you a day of simple blessings!

xx

2 comments: