Friday, September 11, 2020

Out and About

 Had a day out with Marnie earlier this week. Turners Beach and a quick beach fix...






A stop off at various ports of call (for lunch and shopping) and a short 'walk in the woods'...







I was exhausted by the time I drove home!!

I also bought more yarn to make another blanket for Wrap With Love.  I usually only get one made each year, and the one I mailed off recently (photos in THIS post) should be in a container and on its way to Syria now...
Only $2 a ball and I should get 2 knitted squares from each ball
Need 28 x 10" squares for the blanket

Still working on these crocheted squares.  Unfortunately I can't get any more of the cream yarn at the moment and I think I'm going to run out...


I've started on one of my recently purchased books from the Mennonite bookstore ...
I'm really enjoying it.  Reminiscent of the Little House books

I'll leave you with this early morning shot from the river this week...


"When from our better selves we have too long
Been parted by the hurrying world, and droop,
Sick of its business, of its pleasures tired,
How gracious, how benign, is Solitude"

- William Wordsworth


I'm off for some solitary lunch :) 

xx


2 comments:

  1. How nice to be at the shore in off seasons, when it's quieter and cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even in the height of summer most of our beaches do not get really crowded. One of the advantages of living on a small island. We have a lot of coastline :) xx

      Delete