Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Last week...

It was supposed to be titled  'This Week', but I didn't get it finished, so now it's 'Last Week'.

A trip to the Latrobe/Devonport area on Monday to have my car serviced...
the Mersey River at Latrobe

And some new yarn to crochet a baby blanket...
my bears wanted to get in on the action :)

I bought this Helichrysum/Liquorice plant/Hi Ho Silver last summer in a small pot, planted it on the south/shady side of my house and it has done really well...
it's so pretty


So I took some cutting back in autumn, and although they haven't grow much, they didn't die either and have tiny roots, so I've planted them out in this garden bed in the hope they will grow...
you can see the original plant in the back left of the photo


We've had all sorts of weather this week, and on the wintry days I've been baking...
banana and blueberry muffins

The recipe...
click on photo to enlarge

I used blueberries instead of the choc chips; about 1/3 cup of brown sugar instead of the castor sugar; a combination of flours (white, wholemeal, spelt, buckwheat and almond meal); spices (cardamon, allspice, cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg); and a little extra milk because I'd used heavier flours.

And chicken and vegie macaroni and cheese...
this was my lunch

The recipe.  Sorry it's not very clear, click on it to enlarge...
If you have trouble reading the recipes, let me know and I'll type them out

I didn't have any cauliflower, but added frozen peas, corn and green beans.  I also sauteed some onion and garlic with the chicken and added a bit of turmeric, cumin and curry powder.



I've finished the blanket for Wrap With Love and will mail it off on Monday Wednesday.  They are in the process of packing a container for World Vision so who knows where it might end up...


A close up of the crocheted edge...
just need to stitch the label on

Reading...



Down at the river...
blue skies and sunshine one day


back to winter the next


The wattle thinks it's spring...


I really need to try and write more often, so my posts don't get so long.

 .  Such a varied and interesting life I lead! 

NOT! :))

xx

4 comments:

  1. More varied life than mine these days LK:))) đź’—

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile when I read how you substitute in your receipes. Do you ever cook as the receipe states ?. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's what recipes are for isn't it? To change :)) xx

      Delete