Saturday, May 9, 2020

May Yarn Along (and the rest)


May already!  And another Yarn Along.

I finished the cardigan I was knitting for granddaughter Hazel and have mailed it off to her.  Hayley wanted one in pale pink yarn (which arrived from Bendigo Woollen Mills a couple of days ago), but I already had this dusty pink yarn so made one up in that while I was waiting for the other to arrive.  But before I start the pale link one, I'm knitting a vest/sleeveless pullover for grandson Jaya...
and while I was in the store buying buttons, I succumbed to a yarn purchase of the variegated yarn in the photo (2 balls).  I don't know what I'll make with it yet, but I thought it was pretty :)


I've finished the crocheted squares for this blanket and am sewing them together.  It's smaller than I wanted, but I only had one ball (200gm) of each colour, so will possibly buy some more yarn to do border rows around the edge... 
and I'm reading my way through the Little House...books (on to book 3) and watching some DVD episodes when the mood takes me.  Good escapism to 'another time, another place' :)


Also been doing a bit of redecorating.  Changed the display on the top of my chest of drawers, and added another  brick frame to the wall (the one on the right - a dried fern leaf)…



This week we had a lovely foggy morning.  And you know how I love fog!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And then I found these fog quotes by Mehmet Murat ildan…
 
When you are happy, you feel the sunshine even inside the fog; when you are unhappy, you feel the fog even in the sunshine.
 
Without trees, mountains, fogs or rain, the sun cannot create its own magic.
 
You can walk in a dream while you are awake: Just walk in the misty morning of a forest.
 
We need clear days to see the horizons; we need foggy nights to see beyond the horizons!  Man sometimes can think much deeper when he sees less!
 
 
And perhaps the last quote is one of the reasons I love fog.  When walking in it my thoughts seem to be clearer and more focused.
 
xx
 
 

4 comments:

  1. The fog is fine, but the crashing water! I always feel alarmed when you show that wild water, Lynda. :D That sweater is a beautiful color, and it looks so nice! And I like your picture arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The river is quite calm either side of the spillway. It's just that one section that the water rushed wild...and I love it!! xx

      Delete
    2. Beneath that mild exterior.... :D

      Delete
    3. Haha! Looks can be deceiving :))

      Delete