Monday, February 17, 2020

Catch up

I lost half of last week slowed down with headaches, so catching up now.  I attended the Sunday morning meeting at the annual Mennonite Conference Sunday before last and enjoyed the service, and catching up with folk I hadn't seen for awhile.

And yesterday (Sunday) I attended church with them and have decided to do so regularly (again).  Easing back into it slowly, but I have been feeling restless the last couple of months and not altogether happy with the services at the church I have been attending, so joining with the Mennonites felt like coming home.

For those of you who don't know, I fellowshipped with them for 6 months when I first moved to Deloraine, and then on and off over the last few years.  My heart has always been with them, just needed to wait for my head to catch up.  But I feel I am in a different place this time and that all will be well.  Will post progress reports :)

On the home front...

Fresh local homegrown produce from the Mennonite store...


And because I had an abundance of rhubarb, I took some to them to sell or give away...


Picking greengage plums from my tree...
actually picking off the ground because I can't reach them on the tree so need to wait till they fall 


The blackberries are ripening...


Mowing the grass...
this is only a small section of the area I have to mow, but it is the least untidy, so that's all you get to see :)

Making tomato relish...
with tomatoes from the freezer

And baking muffins...
blueberry, walnut and white choc chip


Still working on the blanket squares...


Have almost finished this book...


And one of the Instagram accounts (Bruderhof Communities) I follow, recently mentioned this book,
which I have...
So I pulled it off the shelf and might read it next, while I await my book order coming in the mail.  

Yes...I've bought some book!  

Not from the Mennonite conference I attended, but from Anabaptist Christian Resources, a book store in New South Wales.  They are not online, but if you are interested you can email them (enquiries@anabaptistchristianresources.com.au) and they will send you a copy of their flyers listing their books.  I'm hoping mine will arrive this week.  

And my new challenge?  
To not buy anymore new books till I read all (14) of these ones !!


But they did have some calendars at the conference.  I've hung mine on the kitchen wall.  Don't you just love this picture...
maybe I'll let it be February all year


Some shots from my mid morning walk today...





"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
-Laura Ingalls Wilder

xx



3 comments:

  1. Oh, you do seem to live in paradise, Lynda! I also love that calendar photo, but - it's funny that they sell it in the southern hemisphere, and funny that you would buy it! (funny to me) Or do you like it because certain members of your family live in a place that is supposed to look like that in February? (this year, it isn't!!) :) Good goal, to read your books before buying any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't buy it, it was free :) And I like it for the photos, but also because it has a bible verse for each day, which I've been writing out.

      The books arrived!! Now the hard decision as to which one to read first.

      From a rainy day in paradise... xx

      Delete