Saturday, June 8, 2019

June Yarn Along

Winter has arrived here.  Some mornings on my walk are foggy...




Others are clear and frosty...


The sunsets have been beautiful...


And in between there is the late autumn/early winter colour at the river...


So no better time to be joining in for Yarn Along.

I'm still working on this crocheted blanket...

Dipping into the Kate Humble book as mentioned in a previous post, and collected these two Reeve Lindbergh books (Under a Wing and No More Words) from the library this morning.


Continuing to knit my diagonal blanket squares...
I have 16 done, and probably need another 10, depending on whether I join them in a square or rectangle.

I picked up this Henning Mankell book at the op shop yesterday (another one to add to my collection!).  A rare find, as you don't often see them.  Since his death they have become a bit of a collector's item.  He is a favourite author of mine, and I hadn't read this one.  I was drawn in from the beginning...

"Frozen snow.  Severe frost.  Midwinter.
Early in January 2006 a lone wolf crosses the unmarked border and enters Sweden from Vauldalen in Norway."

Many of his books are set in isolated places.  I love the seclusion and Scandi landscape, but also his style of writing.  It's my bedtime read, and no...I don't have nightmares :)

My daytime dip is the Kate Humble book.  It's written in diary entry form, so makes it easy to read a page here and there.  I can't take too much of someone else's musings, so only read in small doses.  Even though it's good and I am enjoying it, after a bit, I need to get back into my own thoughts.

I read this yesterday...

"But, I've discovered, on overcast mornings the woods are quiet...
This is what I love about experiencing the world at walking pace: the small but significant luxury of having the time and headspace to notice details that make me feel a part of my surroundings.  A sense of belonging, rather than passing through."

 I took this photo tonight, from my back garden,when I got home from my walk...


It's going to be another cold, frosty night.  No better time to snuggle up by the fire with a book and some knitting :)

xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes, with other people's musings you want to read until something catches you, resonates, and then stop to ponder it or absorb it.
    I am always in awe of your landscapes! (except the scary river when it's boiling)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is already pretty cluttered with my own thought, so there isn't much room for other people's :)

      It was all calm at the river on my walk this afternoon. xx

      Delete