Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Today

It's hot...and I'm tired, so no walk this afternoon.  You get a blog post instead :)

I walked this morning, and stopped at the supermarket on my way home to pick up a few things.

Then Gwen called in for a coffee and to relieve me of my one remaining fish in the fish pond. ( I think the birds killed the other one.)  So now I have emptied it out and will clean and refill.  I would like to keep it as a water feature (and bird bath), but didn't want the fish...


Worked in the garden for awhile.  Picking beans...

Pruning and weeding and enjoying a little patch of purple...


Made a lentil loaf...
 it tastes better than it looks :)

Here's the recipe...
 
 
As usual...I improvised/altered...
 
Cooked my own lentils
Didn't have Granola( I'm assuming that it's like muesli) so used rolled oats
Didn't have enough peanut butter so used 1 tablespoon of tahini plus 1 of peanut butter
Used my tomato relish
Added some fresh herbs, and spices
A grated carrot
And an egg
(I didn't whizz it...just chopped and mixed)
Didn't steam it, but put in a loaf pan and cooked in moderate oven (with foil over top) for about 1/2 an hour, then removed the foil for 5 minutes (or so) to brown top.
 
Tastes pretty good!
 
xx
 

2 comments:

  1. Catching up on some blog posts - I agree, it's hard work only having a couple of fish in a small container - much easier as a bird bath that can be hosed out! We have an open day for the house on Sat, so I've been busy cleaning / sorting - back to work today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really a small container...it just looks small in the photo. Even the rocks are too heavy to lift out!

      Hope the open house goes well. xx

      Delete