Monday, December 26, 2016

T'was the day after Christmas....

...and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring...

Not even me!

After a big day yesterday it's been all quiet on the home front.  I did go for my river walk this morning, then did an hour in the garden before it started to rain.  It's been much cooler today, although the sun is out again now and it is starting to warm up.

Thought you might like to see some photos from the Christmas Day Lunch yesterday.  They had 80 booked in, but I think they ended up with around 70 turning up...
 some of the guests

The young folk from the Mennonite Church came to sing...
they sang 3 Christmas hymns, concluding with Silent Night

Marnie, Denver and I went for a walk around the river after our tea last night...

Remember this photo of the swan family I posted a few months ago...
mother and 6 babies

They now look like this... 

I think the one on the left is the adult, but you can hardly tell them apart now, except that the young ones are slightly grey still.

And for some reason they like to spend long periods of time floating around with one leg stuck up in the air...then they change legs...
does anyone know why?


Boxing Day blessings from me!
 
xx

2 comments: