Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Last Post...

...for 2016!

New Years Eve here!

Just a quick post before tea (that leg of lamb smells good!)...


Recipes:  made this Banana Bread recently, due to the ever present problem of over-ripe bananas (I don't like to eat them once they get black on the skin!)...



Here's the recipe which was on the sultana box...

And here's what I did to it:  used dates instead of sultanas; substituted about 1/4 cup of the flour with almond meal; added a dash of cardamom, allspice and ginger; sprinkled some cinnamon/sugar on the top before baking.  It was pretty good, especially warm with butter!!


A few goals for 2017:
  • Read through the books of the Bible in alpabetical order (Acts to Zephaniah).  Already started and am half way through Acts.
  • Buy an electric piano/keyboard and learn to play (have been putting this off for how many years??  The time is now!)
  • Do some patchwork/quilting...I've missed it...
  • Travel....  to places near and far..

I'm sure I'll think of more.



Will finish the year with this...
no explanation necessary



I hope 2017 is all you wish for...and then some...
 
See you next year :))
 
xx

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you as well Lynda xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharm! Hope you're enjoying some well deserved R and R. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you much success and growth as you read through the Bible. That sounds like a fun and interesting method to go alphabetically. :-)
    The banana bread sounds and looks quite yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abbi! Will post progress reports on my blog throughout the year. I'm using the Holman Christian Standard Bible, which is a bit different too. I prefer the New King James, but will see how this one goes. xx

      Delete