Monday, December 11, 2023

If I could turn back time...

Started this 2 weeks ago (where does the time go!!!), but I will leave it as is, and update at the end...

We've had some slightly cooler weather, but the wind picked up again this morning...



A trip to Launceston on Friday with Marnie and a stop off at the big Mission/op shop at Youngtown.  I picked up this cane chair for $40...
I've been looking for one for quite a while for my bedroom, but they are too expensive to buy new, so I was pleased with my bargain find

And these books too...
for a couple of dollars


I've made 3 little jumper and beanie sets for K4C...
I will mail them off this week.  They will then be sent to PNG and Timor

And I also have these beanies and a scarf to go to another of K4C's charities.  They are for their December charity, so won't be mailed off till the end of December...
but I had made them earlier in the year and put them away

And now I'm ready to start another project!  A blanket for the Fistula patients at the Hamlin Fistula Foundation.  I used to knit blankets for them years ago, but they stopped requesting them.  Now I see we can knit for them again.  The instructions are HERE if you'd like to knit one...

they asked for bright colours.  I already had these so I can make a start, but will probably get a few more 'brights' to add in
 

I'm still making slow progress on my cardigan/jacket, but I won't need it till next winter...
probably just as well at the speed I'm going :)


It's now 2 weeks later.  I'd been trying to get back to this but to no avail.  Determined to get it updated and posted today...


A couple of other op shop finds.  I'm enjoying Still Life...

will read The Runaway Quilt next.  There are a whole series of these 'quilt' books, but I've not read any of them, so will see what I think.

I'm working on the fistula blanket but decided to do it in strips instead of squares.  Less sewing up that way...

 I bought a ball of pink and purple yarn to add to the colours


And this was last night's sunset...

"The heavens declare the glory of God..." 
(Psalm 19:1)

xx  

1 comment:

  1. You have been a busy little beaver as per usual Lynda...and what a brilliant sunset!

    ReplyDelete