Friday, September 29, 2023

On the home front...

 We've had some lovely Spring days...

from my walk this morning

Had a trip last week to Launceston with Marnie, and bought some fabric to do some sewing...

I bought this shirt from Michaela's Etsy store, along with some head coverings a few weeks ago...


Unfortunately, she (and her store) has now moved to Canada from South Australia, so I am going to try and cut a pattern from this one and make some more.  I really like it and it is so comfortable to wear.  But I don't do buttonholes, so that could present a bit of a challenge :))

I'm making slow progress on the little patchwork mats.  Hopefully I'll have them finished by the end of the year!


And working on sewing these blanket squares together...


Potting up a few cuttings...


And enjoying some colour in the garden...

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" 

- Colossians 3:17

Have a blessed week!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours of the new fabrics - how is the shirt making coming along? Those patchwork mats are lovely too and will look lovely when autumn rolls around 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping no one would mention the shirt making :))
      I DID cut out a very rough paper pattern, but then decided, to make it easier (for my limited sewing skills), instead of sewing the sleeves separate, I'd do them all in one piece with the back/fronts. But so far this 'idea' hasn't' progressed any further :))
      Because I've been working on getting the knitted blanket finished off so I can send it to a nominated charity for this month at Knit 4 Charities.
      There are just not enough hours in the day... xx

      Delete