Thursday, August 17, 2023

On the home front...

The weather has been up and down.  Sun one day...


Rain and cloud the next...

this morning

Picked up a piece of new brushed cotton twill fabric (I think that's what it's called), for $5 at the op shop recently...

I sewed myself a long skirt...


I don't like sewing much, and it took me two days to finish it...


Then I had to do some crocheting to de-stress...
using up my bits and pieces of left-over variegated yarn to crochet a cat blanket (for the cat shelter)

I've already finished one using my left-over bits of plain yarn...


Reading some books about Mennonites...


And re-watching some of my Homestead Blessings DVDs of an evening...


This is Amy Joy...
picked up at the op shop for $3, and I have enough fabric left from my skirt to make her a little dress

This is Hazel...
who turned 5 recently

And this is me...
with my new glasses :)

xx

4 comments:

  1. Nice glasses! And look at little Hazel! My word.
    I had to laugh at your de-stressing after having to sew. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 years since I'd had new glasses, so I thought it was about time.
      Seems like only yesterday I was meeting her as a tiny baby, now she is 5 already!
      Sewing is definitely NOT my forte :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see a photo of little Hazel...and You!! 😃 😊

    ReplyDelete