Saturday, May 20, 2023

Snapshots from my week...

Autumn has definitely arrived in the garden...


I made these blankets awhile back.  Mostly small baby blankets from when I was selling at a craft shop in Deloraine.  No point in keeping them packed away, so I found a worthy cause to donate them to: 
Hope in a Suitcase, and there is a drop off point in Latrobe, which saves me postage...

Made a batch of chicken stir-fry which has lasted me three days...
served with brown rice

And I came across this lovely poem by Mary Oliver...

I Worried

I worried a lot.  Will the garden grow, will the rivers

flow in the right direction, will the earth turn

as it was taught, and if not how shall

I correct it?


Was I right, was I wrong, will I be forgiven,

can I do better?


Will I ever be able to sing, even the sparrows

can do it and I am, well,

hopeless.


Is my eyesight fading or am I just imagining it,

am I going to get rheumatism,

lockjaw, dementia?


Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing.

And gave it up.  And took my old body

and went out into the morning,

and sang.

 

A few photos from this morning's walk...





As well as a couple of other projects I'm working on, I started knitting a scarf (for charity) with this pure wool yarn that Marnie didn't want...


I finished reading the Eastward Trails Trilogy (that I mentioned in a previous post) last night, so this is my new bedtime read...

The sky has got very dark, even though it's not even 4pm, and looks like a storm coming...

Glad I went for my walk this morning when the sun was shining as I don't think I'll be venturing far this afternoon.

A cup of tea and some knitting sounds like a good idea...

xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos LK.And the busy bee continues of course 😃 😊

    ReplyDelete