Sunday, February 26, 2023

Three score and ten...

 I recently had a birthday!  

And lovely day with family and friends...

Lunch at the Raspberry Farm...



A walk around the lake track they have there...

Flowers from the family...

Back home for birthday cake...

Marnie, me and Denver...
Oh... and a new iPhone :)

A walk with Marnie last week (and trying out my new phone camera), at Squeaking Point and Pardoe Northdown Conservation Area








Started this post a couple of weeks ago.  Need to get it finished...


Finished two crocheted baby blankets for one of this month's Knit4Charities.  I was hoping to get a third knitted one finished (a 60cm square), but I think I'm going to run out of time as they need to be mailed off in a week.  I'll see how I go.  Have 4 squares done, need 9!  



Beans to process from the garden...
they are nearly finished now

Apples to cook and freeze...
unfortunately, they all have the codling moth grub in them, and it's a tedious business to cut out all the bad bits, but I hate to see them go to waste

Baked some sultana scones...


Still have these two books on the go...
not getting much reading time

I read these in my Ladies' Journal magazine recently.  To make you smile...

Parking Concern

While walking through a parking lot, I tripped and fell flat on my face.

As I lay there, a woman stopped her car and called out, "Ma'am, are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine," I said, touched by her concern.

"O, good."  She continued, "so will you be vacating your parking space now?"


Pete and Gladys

Pete and Gladys were looking at a new living room suite in a furniture store.

Pete said to the salesman, "We really like it, but I don't think we can afford it."

The salesman said, "You just make a small payment, and then you don't make another payment for six months."

Gladys wheeled around with her hands on her hips and said, "Who told you about us?"


Don't forget to find joy in the journey :)

xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos with the new phone! Happy Birthday! Not a very great number, but what can you do about it? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm still here to HAVE birthdays! :)) xx

      Delete