Monday, January 30, 2023

Summer Days

 So much for a post every week (sigh!) 

I should be mowing the grass, but it's hot and I've used my energy quota for the day vacuuming, washing floors and de-spidering the house, which probably sounds worse than it is, and if you are an arachnid lover, maybe you'd better not read the next bit.

I'm not overrun by spiders, and they are only daddy long-legs, which I can live with, but every so often I go through the house and suck them (and their webs) up in the vacuum cleaner.  Probably shouldn't have told you this. I do feel guilty about it. I suppose I should re-house them...

Enough on spiders, don't want you having nightmares!


So here's something to brighten your day...

Marnie has a new Etsy store.  Making and selling earrings.  Here are a few of her designs...





You can check them out on her Instagram account HERE

Or her Etsy account HERE


I've been doing some Knit4Charities knitting. One of the charities to support for January was for premature babies...

three tiny baby blankets for tiny babies

And I have enough of each colour yarn left to crochet a small blanket for this month's February charity...


Reading is going slowly...
I'm almost finished these two

This DVD and book are next on the list...
I've watched/read both previously, and really enjoyed them


Recently a lady I follow on Instagram, Jo Watson, had a free print offer of some of her tree artwork...


I chose this one...  
now to find the perfect spot to display it


Produce in the garden is ripening...
apples

blueberries

blackberries

And I found these hiding in the bean patch...

Still getting out for my walks.  These were taken early morning last week...



And here's one of Freya...

where she is NOT supposed to be!

"On the other hand, I think cats have Asperger's.  Like me, they're very smart.  And like me, sometimes they simply need to be left alone." - Jodi Picoult

6 comments:

  1. Oh, she does look so much like Sweetie!! It may be that cats have Asperger's, but torties are in a group by themselves anyway - they don't NEED to have Asperger's! :D
    I always feel bad when I squash a spider, but I am not creeped out by the Daddy Long-Legs. It may be due to the fact that they aren't really spiders, I don't know. But I can actually pick them up and put them outside. On the other hand, they almost never appear inside the house; it would be strange to have lots of them indoors. Sometimes they'll get into the library. I like Marnie's packaging - good luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torties certainly have a mind of their own! AND they let you know!!
      I can live with daddy long legs too, and I don't get that many, and mostly only in summer. What I can't live with is the occasional Huntsman that decides to home inside. They definitely have to go!

      Delete
    2. Well, I just braced myself to look up the Huntsman - arghhhh - scary!! Too big!!!

      Delete
    3. Too big is an understatement! :))

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda! So fun to see all that you are up to on the other side of the globe! We are having frigid weather here.... high of 9 degrees farenheit forecast for tomorrow! So seeing your garden and veggies was so wonderful! 💜💕❄⛱🌺❄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! Glad you could pop in :)
      It hasn't exactly been summer weather the last couple of days, but I'm not complaining. We are supposed to get back up to 27C/80F tomorrow. I'll gladly send you some of that heat :) xx

      Delete