Thursday, January 12, 2023

Almost...

I almost got back here last week with a post, but I guess 'almost' doesn't really count.  I do have excuses. 

 Headaches, and two trips to Latrobe, and Marnie staying for 2 nights last week.  No headaches this week (so far), and only one trip to Latrobe!

Here are the annual Christmas/New Year family photos (a little late)...

Natasha, Patrick, and the boys (Dylan, Oli and Zak) in New York City

Jefferson and Jaya on their first overnight camping trip

Sophie, Denver and Marnie enjoying their Covid Christmas

Ben, Hazel and Hayley in the great outdoors

While in Latrobe last week, Marnie and I did a walk on Dooley's Hill...











When I'm not out and about, I'm knitting for Knit4Charities...
small blankets for tiny babies

Reading: as mentioned in my previous 'home' post, I was going to go with the Minack Chronicles as my bedtime read, but changed my mind and am reading the Mitford Novels (or some of them) instead...

and watching episodes of Kingdom from the library while I knit

From the opening chapter of At Home in Mitford...

"He left the coffee-scented warmth of the Main Street Grill and stood for a moment under the green awning.

The honest cold of an early mountain spring stung him sharply.

He often noted the minor miracle of passing through a door into a completely different world, with different smells and attractions.  It helped to be aware of the little things in life, he told himself, and he often exhorted his congregation to do the same.

As he headed towards the church office two blocks away, he was delighted to discover he wasn't walking at all.  He was ambling.

It was a pleasure he seldom allowed himself.  After all, it might appear that he had nothing else to do, when in truth he always had something to do.

He decided to surrender himself to the stolen joy of it, as some might eat half a box of chocolates at one sitting, without remorse.

He arrived at the office, uttering the prayer he had offered at its door every morning for twelve years: "Father, make me a blessing to someone today, through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Mitford Main Street

And as Father Tim says: "be aware of the little things in life"

xx

4 comments: