Wednesday, February 16, 2022

On the home front...

 It's cooler and cloudy today after some very hot weather (and headaches).  Rain is forecast, and needed, and I have some busy days coming up, so wanted to take the opportunity to get a post on today.

The light on my early morning walk around the river yesterday was particularly pretty.  Softer than usual, I guess as we head into autumn...




Been working on my squares, and they are all finished....


Just need to weave in the ends and sew it together...


The last lot of beanies I sent away for charity...


Already have a new knitting project lined up...
the shorter version

My reading is a bit of a mixed bag...


And I'm working my way through the Anne of Green Gables DVD series...


Still plenty happening in the garden...
cooking up apples

And digging potatoes...


Made a lentil loaf...
and potato salad with my home grown potatoes

And to have with coffee...
a coconut cake

It's a hard life when you are a cat!  When she's not sleeping...


She's being a bird...

The rain has started, and I am ready for my morning coffee, so I'll leave you with this little quote I read recently...

"A happy life is not built up of tours abroad and pleasant holidays, but of little clumps of violets noticed by the wayside." - Edward Wilson


Have a blessed week! xx

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely and perfect quote! And Miss Freya, both photos in almost the same position: one, eyes closed and peaceful, the other, eyes bulging out and on the watch. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed she was in a similar position in both photos till you pointed it out :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love your granny squares, they are so colorful and cheerful. "Our" stray cat, has hung out at our house for years and years, One-Eye, is very similar in coloring to your cat. That Anne Of Green Gables made for TV version is my most favorite version of all, I have enjoyed it many times over the years. New potatoes fresh from the garden, absolutely the best!
    Have a great day,
    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The granny squares are certainly colourful! So much so, that I have to put it aside every so often as I get colour overload :))

      I had particularly wanted a tortoiseshell cat so was pleased to find her at the cat shelter, as they are not so common. She was younger than I had originally anticipated, but I'm hoping she will quieten down eventually.

      I'm enjoying this version of Anne... particularly actors Richard Farnsworth and Colleen Dewhurst. xx

      Delete
  3. The yarn you used for your beanies looks quite nice - I wonder if its Bendigo Rustic by any chance? Oh how lovely to have the apples to cook up! Glad to see you have plenty keeping you occupied my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn is various 8 ply acrylics, two strand together, with 7mm needles, so quick and easy to knit!
      Oh yes... MORE than enough to keep my busy :)) xx

      Delete
  4. Love the photos and the quote LK. Ps i NEED the coconut cake recipe please 🙏 pps great beanies too.

    ReplyDelete