Monday, October 12, 2020

October Yarn Along


 Can you believe it's October already?!  And Yarn Along time again!

Didn't get a chance to get this post on last week as I was down for 2 days with headaches (low pressure weather system going through), but back on track now and catching up.  I did manage to get the blanket finished I was working on...


And am reading The Upward Way...


I've started a new crochet project, but as it's a Christmas gift, I can't say any more about it :)



A few years ago I picked up this pretty Laura Ashley cotton dress at an op shop for a couple of dollars.  The bodice was a bit tight, but I really liked it, so kept it, thinking I could always cut it up and use the fabric for something else.  Well, I'm glad I didn't cut it up, because I tried it on today, and it's not too tight anymore :)  But, the sleeves are a bit short (mid upper arm whereas I prefer at least elbow length) , so I am working on lengthening them, using the fabric in a belt/sash that came with the dress...


And on my slow headache days, I had coffee with some 'old friends'...


And baked blackberry and white choc chip muffins...


This is the base recipe I used (click on it to enlarge if you can't read it)...

Notes:  I used blackberries (because I had them in the freezer from my garden), only 1/2 a cup of brown sugar, a mix of flours (white, wholemeal, spelt, quinoa, buckwheat, almond meal), a mix of spices, and white choc chips.

Despite the headaches last week, I was still getting out for my early morning walks.  We had rain, wind, and fog...
on the bridge looking through the web and water droplets early one foggy morning

Colour under the trees...


Also some sunshine and blue skies...

And because I didn't walk this morning, I'm off for a late afternoon walk now :)

xx

3 comments:

  1. LA dresses just go on and on. My daughter still has several of her lovely flowery ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ya - it's spring where you are. (I'm sure I say this every year, LOL) Pretty blouse!

    ReplyDelete