Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Condensing

 Two weeks into one post...

Last week I had a trip to Latrobe/Devonport/Ulverstone with Marnie.  As well as lunch out and some shopping, I had to get an Xray for some dental work I need done.  Not looking forward to that!

A visit to the Christian Bookstore in Devonport saw me bringing these home.  Enjoying the Billy Graham book, and the morning and evening devotional book is also very good.  Haven't got to the colouring book yet, or the CD...




In the garden...
A pot of colour for the garden


Denver helped me repair my weed bin wall.  I had used some of the excess of bricks around the place to build a (temporary) wall, but it turned out to be more temporary than I had anticipated, when it collapsed...


So Denver helped me build another (not temporary) one...


I have been busy filling it with weeds/grass from the strawberry patch...


And transplanting some of the plants to another bed...


I planted out my pot of colour, and another one that I bought in Launceston yesterday...

Yes...had a day in Launceston yesterday with Marnie and Denver.  To pick up my new kitchen stool I had ordered, for my kitchen bench, which is were I sit to eat my meals, have my coffee break, gaze out the window, etc...

new one on right (in case you were wondering) and so much more comfortable than my old one.


And in between times, I've been sewing...

a piece of brushed cotton fabric I picked up at the op shop for $2

It took me ALL DAY to sew this skirt!  I did french seams to conceal all the raw edges so it took a bit longer, but even so, I would not want to be trying to make a living from my sewing as I think I would go hungry...

also, the dropped waist style, which I prefer, adds extra work


Cooking...

beef casserole in my crock pot


chocolate/weetbix slice


And in my 'spare' time, working on Christmas gifts...

a sneak peek :)


This morning at the river...








Interestingly, the second two photos were taken about 5 minutes after the first two.  The first two, with the early morning light behind me, and the second two, into the morning light.  

The difference in the light is amazing, n'est-ca pas!

xx

4 comments:

  1. What a difference in the photos. The first two look a little like Fragonard paintings, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I do the same walk every day, there is always something new or different to see :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your new stool will be so much nicer with that little back support, I'm sure. I'm glad you got some help with your wall. (the afghan is so pretty, but I'm whispering)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems I'm spending more time sitting on my new stool :))
      Almost finished the first afghan, two more to go. xx

      Delete