Friday, July 31, 2020

A Day Out

A trip into Launceston this week with Marnie and Denver...


I bought a new coffee machine :)  My old one served me faithfully for over 5 years, and although this is the same brand it is a different model and I'm still learning.  It is their bottom of the range and supposedly simple to use. Hmm...  But I'm getting there...


So after my walk around the river this morning...



It was coffee time...
day 3 and I've almost perfected it :)


I finished the pink cardigan I was knitting for granddaughter Hazel and it is in the mail to her, but I'll save the photo for next week's Yarn Along post.  Now I'm back to my knitted squares for a blanket for Wrap With Love.  Only one more square to knit and then I will crochet them together.  Hopefully I'll have a finished photo for next week...
 

And I've discovered a new author.  David Baldacci, who I think will become a new favourite.  I only had a few minutes at the library before closing time last week so I randomly picked this book up. It's one of the Amos Decker/Memory Man series.  I'm really enjoying it.  I like his style of writing.  A real page turner...
and while in Launceston, I bought his latest one (Walk The Wire).


Read this quote recently...

"A path is little more than a habit that comes with knowledge of a place.  It is a sort of ritual of familiarity."
 - Wendell Berry, A Native Hill


I hope the path you are on is enjoyable...

xx

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful, still water! I can smell your coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee gets better each day. I've almost perfected the process :) xx

      Delete