Friday, September 20, 2019

Friday on my mind

Almost at the end of another week and the warm weather we are having is keeping me busy in the garden.  Needing to mow once a week now, and always weeds to pull, plants to cut back, and this morning I noticed that my greengage plum tree is blossoming...


With all the garden time I'm putting in, I haven't had much time for knitting or reading. I'm still working my way through  A Fort of Nine Towers.  It is interesting, but the going is slow as it is my bedtime read and most nights I'm lucky if I get through 3 or 4 pages before I start to nod off.  The Willie Nelson autobiography is good.  I read a bit when I have my coffee or lunch.  Such a varied life he's led...
my knitted blanket is sewn together, but I've still to do the crocheted border.  Maybe I'll have a finished photo for you next post

The DVDs are from the library (as are the books).  I've yet to watch The Guernsey Literary... movie, although I did read the book a few years ago.  It will be interesting to see how it stacks up.
I watched Conviction.  What an amazing (true) story!  I was so engrossed in it that I forgot to knit while watching.  Highly recommended!!


And yesterday Marnie and I had a day in Launceston.  I bagged a few bargains at the op shops...

Kent Haruf and Henning Mankell books (favourite authors).
Two DVDs: Reality Bites (an oldie but goodie) and Rudderless (a 'watch again' movie - already borrowed from the library 3 times!)
And a pretty floral springtime dress (yes...I do wear them occasionally!)
All for the grand total of $15


And a couple of pics from my morning walks this week...
soft early morning light


good morning moon!


 morning fog


still and quiet

And beautiful days...


And now some lunch, and then back out to tackle more weeds in the garden.

xx

1 comment: