Sunday, May 5, 2019

Weekend Words


Unless in the first waking moments of the day you learn to fling the door wide back and let God in, you will work on the wrong level all day;
but swing the door wide open and pray to your father in secret, and every public thing will be stamped with the presence of God.
- Oswald Chambers



"He hath said..." (Hebrews 13:5)
If we can only grasp these words by faith, we have an all-conquering weapon in our hand.  What doubt will not be slain by this two-edged sword?  What fear is there which shall not fall smitten with a deadly wound before this arrow from the bow of God's covenant?
Will not the distresses of life and the pangs of death; will not the corruptions within and the snares without; will not the trials from above, and the temptations from beneath, all seem but light afflictions, when we can hide ourselves beneath the bulwark of "He hath said?"
Yes, whether for delight in our quietude, or for strength in our conflict, "He hath said" must be our daily resort.
- C H Spurgeon



God says, "I will never leave thee," then I can with good courage say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear."  I will not be haunted with apprehension.
This does not mean that I will not be tempted to fear, but I will remember God's say so.  I will be full of courage...
Faith in many a one falters when the apprehensions come; they forget the meaning of God's say so, forget to take a deep breath spiritually.  The only way to get the dread taken out of us is to listen to God's say so...
It does not matter what evil or wrong may be in the way, He has said, "I will never leave thee."
- Oswald Chambers




No comments:

Post a Comment