Saturday, February 3, 2018

Personality plus


I recently discovered the 16 Personalities Test.  No surprise to find I am 96% introvert :)

Got the children to do it.  Amazing how different they all are...and how accurate it is.  Not in all aspects, but in the traits that are more pronounced/extreme.  Give it a try, and see how you turn out...

Link is HERE

And at the library this morning I collected a book I had reserved.  The Introvert Advantage...


I was actually reading reviews on Amazon for another Introvert book, and one of the customer reviewers mentioned this book.  I've flicked through and it looks good.  And it's got some great quotes (I'm a bit of a quote junkie).  Here are some below that I liked...

Keep high aspirations, moderate expectations and small needs - H Stein

The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together - Robert Dodds

Children are like wet cement.  Whatever falls on them makes an impression - Haim Ginott

We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today - Stacia Tauscher

To find the good life you must become yourself - Dr Bill Jackson

The only gift is a portion of thyself - Ralph Waldo Emerson

While my work has been before me, my reward has always been within me - Shaker saying

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not - Mark Twain

We are not human beings trying to be spiritual.  We are spiritual beings trying to be human - Jacquelyn Small

Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a manner of travelling - Margaret Lee Runbeck

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William A Ward

And from one of my favourite authors...

You get your intuition back when you make space for it, when you stop the chattering of the rational mind - Anne Lamott

And will leave you with this one...
 
But your solitude will be a support and a home for you,
Even in the midst of very unfamiliar circumstances,
and from it you will finds all your paths - Rainer Maria Rilke



Travel your own path...
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. A very good assortment of truisms. But the Mark Twain made me laugh, too. :D

    ReplyDelete