Monday, June 8, 2015

Bake Knit Read

Baked some yummy muffins during the week...
 
Here's the recipe!
 
Honey Almond Cakes
 
150g soft butter
1/3 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup honey
3 beaten eggs
zest of a lemon
200 g almond meal
75g self raising flour
 
Cream butter and sugar. Stir through honey and beaten eggs.  Fold through lemon zest, almond meal and flour.  Divide into muffin trays.  Bake 180'C for approx. 20 minutes.
 
It's that easy!!
 
 
Knitting red mittens to keep my hands warm on my early morning walks.  Have some little gel Pocket Hand Warmers to put in them too :))
 
 
And reading White Garden by Stephanie Barron.  It's really good!!
 
Also browsing The Simple Things magazine from the UK.


And just because...
(back cover of The Simple Things mag)
 
It being winter here now...I've changed my photo at the top of blog...and also right side bar. 
 
 Bet you can't tell I have a thing about fog...and trees :)))
 
Also linking this post with Ginny's Yarn Along.
 
Wild and windy here today...love it!!!
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. You know, I've meant to read Stephanie Barron's more modern-day mysteries - I love the Jane Austen ones! I'll have to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!
      I have not read any of her other books, but am enjoying this one.
      I'm not really a mystery reader, so tend to get a bit lost with the plot :)
      It's the subject matter that holds my interest. xx

      Delete
  2. Those muffins sound delicious! Thank you for the recipe. The colour of the mittens is very warming, and I'm sure with the gel warmers they must be very cosy. Here in Scotland, after a very cold spring and start to the summer we are finally getting some warm weather. I think we have put the heat on for a bit every day though - it was down to 4C on the night of the 8th of June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! the second time I made the muffins I replaced 50g of the almond meal with hazelnut meal, which was also very nice!

      When I go walking in the mornings at 7am it is quite often minus or 0'C :)) !! xx

      Delete