Saturday, April 13, 2013

Rainbow blanket

It's a rainy autumn day here, so what better project to be working on than my rainbow blanket :o)
 
I am using a 5.5mm crochet hook and one strand of white 8ply yarn and one strand of a random coloured 8ply yarn together.  I had to buy the white, but the coloured bits are all leftovers from previous projects.  It crochets up really quickly and is nice and bright and cheery to work on.
 
(the photo was taken yesterday when the sun was shining)


And I'm reading The Pineapple Quilt series of books by Mrs Cleon/Rebecca Martin.  This is the first in the series (seen here on my rainbow blanket) and I have almost finished the second book  (Footprints in the Sand).  I am really enjoying them.  I think there are 6 books in the series.



Despite having a new laptop (Thankyou Natasha and Patrick!) my internet connection is not very good, so  I  can only post here when it will let me...which is not as often as I would like.

So until I can get back again...enjoy your days!

6 comments:

  1. A very cheerful project to be working on. I finished knitting a cardigan, and started another in a nice blue wool. I haven't been reading much lately, I used to read all the time, it is a habit I need to get back to.
    I hope all is well with you. We are having a wet spring, it rained ALL week, today is last day of rain and tomorrow is supposed to be 65 and partly sunny, I can't wait :)

    Blessings to you,

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean - after knitting the two vests/sleeveless pullovers for my daughter and daughter in law recently I've had enough of knitting for a bit so am in crochet mode. You are certainly going well on those cardigans! I've hardly worn the one I knitted last year. Maybe I'll wear it more this winter.

      Hope to get a letter on its way to you soon :o) xx

      Delete
  2. I think the crochet is very pretty! enjoy your reading as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - the crochet is going well. I worked on it last night and it is coming along very quickly. I've started the 3rd book in the Pineapple Quilt series now :o) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda its me Jules. I found your blog by surprise. How I love looking at trhe beautiful pictures of Deloraine.
    It brings back lovely memories for me when I lived there.
    I would gladly go back any day.
    I hav e just learned how to knot granny squares, and your crochet blanket looks lovely. I hope to be as good as you some day. Big hugs to my pal Love Jules xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules - Hope the crochet is going well for you.

      Mine is on hold at the moment as I get organised for this move (I guess you know the feeling!!) xx

      Delete