Saturday, January 1, 2011

picking up where I left off...


I did not get the New Testament finished by year end as I had hoped. I stopped
reading a few days ago as I realised I was just rushing through and my mind was always elsewhere even though I was reading.

I do better at taking it slowly. So I have been thinking about 2011.

I am going to get back to a Psalms exercise I started Nov 2009 and stopped Feb
2010. Reading a Psalm a day and picking a favourite verse from that Psalm and
writing it in my journal. I am going to start again today - 1st Jan 2011 :o) - I
will be picking up at Psalm 73.

I find writing down what I am reading helps to reinforce it in my mind and I
remember it better. It's also harder for my mind to wander while I am reading
AND writing :o)

I will probably also do some bible word/subject studies, but haven't decided on
what yet, as well as reading where I feel led, but at this stage I don't plan on
reading the bible from cover to cover.

What about you? Do you have bible reading plans for 2011?

PS - if you enlarge the picture you can read the verse I picked from Psalm 71 back on 1st Feb, 2010...I thought it was rather interesting :o)

In case you can't read it, it says: verse 18 "even when I am old and grey, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation"... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment