Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Signs of Spring

 On my walk...


And in my garden...


A bit of baking...


The recipe...

From the latest Grass Roots magazine, but I found I had to add 1/2 cup of milk as it was too dry, so don't know if that was left out in the magazine printing.  And I only added 1/2 cup of brown sugar instead of the 1 cup.  Plus changed the flour configuration as I didn't have coconut flour so used almond meal. And added various spices :)

And a salad...



Have done 12 scarves for the shoeboxes but taking a bit of a detour.  Knitted a beanie and working on a small baby blanket.  But I'll get back to the scarves.


On to the last of the Little House books I have.  Not sure what to read next...


Need to make a trip to the library tomorrow so maybe I'll find something that takes my fancy there.

My Ladies Journal arrived in the mail this week.  Always full of inspiring reading...


I seem to be coming across a lot about 'smiles' lately.  Maybe because the world needs more of them :)

This, from the Ladies Journal...

SMILE

There is a gift that you can share, 

Most anytime and anywhere,        

Its worth is gold you can't compare,

Give a SMILE.

You need to wear it in the street, 

And give to everyone you meet,  

For all the broken hearts you meet, 

Will need a SMILE.

Someone needs your SMILE today, 

Be sure to give a SMILE away, 

For it means more than words can say,

Give a SMILE.

Someone needs your SMILE somewhere,

Someone burdened down with care,

So give a smile and breathe a prayer,

Give a SMILE!

- Elizabeth Drudge


xx

4 comments:

  1. I had to smile (or laugh, actually) about your recipe, and how you kept changing, this, then that, and another thing. Ha! You got it the way you wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely follow a recipe 'to the letter', but mostly just use them for a guide.

      Delete
  2. That poem reminds me of my mum :))

    ReplyDelete