Wednesday, November 16, 2022

On the home front...

Recently I heard an older man say that the reason he is so busy is because it now takes him four hours to do what he use to do in two!!

I guess that's my excuse too :)

But her I am, finally sitting down for a catch up...

The annual Tasmanian Craft Fair was on recently.  I met up with Marnie and Tom and we did the rounds of the various venues...

she actually made a little video of us at the lunch venue, but I can't get it to load here, so you will have to be satisfied with a photo

I bought a couple of things (not the seashells) ...

some lovely wool/alpaca yarn from Great Ocean Road Woollen Mill and a scented soy candle from Bee Native 

I've done a bit of online Christmas gift shopping from Bee Native, and also ordered a couple of packs of Hayley's cute Christmas cards from her Averilda Haze Etsy store...



Picked up some pretty buttons to finally finish Hazel's yellow cardigan...
I'm on to the sewing up and front bands, the (not) fun part

Knitting a scarf for charity...
it's actually finished now

Dipping into this interesting book (Writing Wild) from the library...


Baking date and sultana scones...


And sprouting seeds...


Still getting out for my walks most days despite quite a bit of rain...



And I'm so excited that the first issue of my subscription to Taproot Magazine arrived a couple of days ago...


Here's a peek inside...






Lots of crafts, recipes, and lovely words and illustrations/photos

Read this quote recently...

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.  Travel too fast and you miss all you are travelling for." - Louis L'Amour


And remember this quote (attributed to various sources) ...

"Every ending is a new beginning..."

xx

5 comments:

  1. I have found it takes me longer to do things because now I have the patience, that I did not have in my youth, to take the time to do things to the best of my ability. The scones look delish. I agree knitting the button/buttonhole bands is the tedious part of knitting a cardigan, but won't those buttons look fabulous! Snowy here in NE Indiana so lots of knitting, quilting, and sewing going on here. I get out for a good brisk walk each day, but this time of year have to be pretty layered up to stay warm.
    Love your posts, wishing you a good rest of your week.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean! I've always been slow and methodical. An imperfect perfectionist :))
      I'm glad you can get out and enjoy a walk. We don't get stopped by snow here, but it IS coming into summer, which I am not looking forward to, so will try and take my walks early morning before it gets too hot.
      Thanks for the kind words about my posts, I'm glad you enjoy them :)
      Wishing you a blessed week too! xx

      Delete
  2. Love those buttons for Hazel!! Who doesn't enjoy a good craft fair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of tempting goodies at the Craft Fair. I'm glad it's only once a year!! xx

      Delete
  3. Busy as ever LK. 🤗 That magazine looks good... As do the scones 😋

    ReplyDelete